Saturday, January 23, 2010

"Sordid Interpretations"- Thoughts on the Painting and the Quilt

So My Internet has decided to grace me with its compliance, and allow me to update and post.
And so for now I would like to talk about that dingy quilt and the homey painting. Now they really aren't that bad, and as we were asked to evaluate them with our senses I decided to write a poem on both pieces.The Painting
Yes Painting to the right,
with your huge and bright spotlight,
Illuminate your world at will,
Dark Shadows you cast,
with Impressions that last,
Your Maker does tell me,
so obvious but not so well,
seen through the canvas detail
ages since hidden
your back tells me secrets
but I cannot decode them

As for the quilt I couldn't get a good picture of it but I believe I got the sentiments from it much better

The Quilt
The first thing that I let drift across my eye,
Is that you seem to lie unfinished,
in that cornet there is but a snare,
Of a fabric the resides in tears,
Diagonally so,
with squares in multicolored rows,
Each telling a similar tale,
your age still undiscovered,
but its been years since you've covered,
a warm soul to spread that possible love

I wrote these in the time given to examine both pieces, and while I am not a Virginia Woolf in my writing, I guess in these I relied more on my sense of sight than anything else.


No comments:

Post a Comment