Wednesday, January 20, 2010

"And the Winner is...."- The final 4


I decided to take the opinions of other to heart ( something I do not do often), because I believe that If I am going to make a valuable statement with any work I do, other people will have to be able to get the message as clearly as I do. With that said these are the final 4 of my dots that were selected. With the first one, It was my personal second pic, but a favorite among everyone else, I decided to go along with this one because the size would work well with the final project should I choose to use it. My group suggested that I should increase the size in the small dot next to the gigantic one, But I know I intended for the smaller dot to be washed out by the larger one, so who knows what will happen. The one to the left is simple enough and still conveys the message best, this one was selected by the group and I prefer this one, most of my contiunace wasn't that well anyway. I believe a way I might alter this is by changing the size in one of the dots, but honestly I intended for the simplicity of size convey the concept easier. For closure, it seemed to be rather difficult for my group to pick one as it seemed they liked most of them. While I personally believe they all lie in suckage, they seem to create their own images in the dots I never intended, like a Rorschach Test. How I might improve this one is alter the proximity of the island dot. I quite honestly like this one as it is, my group picked it and although it was not my first choice it is growing on me, and it remains in my mind well, whatever that means...

No comments:

Post a Comment