Sunday, February 7, 2010

"These Legoland Empires, Choking out my now."- Modular Madness the end

I honestly felt like my mental process always has to be explained. I just make associations faster than most people I guess, and because of this I have always been accepting of the ambiguity of my words, passions, art, and life. Because of this I have become extremely long winded, always feeling like I have to over explain with dramatic analogies, because people never seem to get it the first time like I do. Unfortunately this also makes me have a short attention span for non-novel information. I have realized with these projects that is imperative that you can grasp a overall purpose for each one of them, without doing so you create a project that even you cannot fully grasp what you were trying to do. What I understood was that with inspiration from the atom, the singular building block of everything, we were supposed to emphasize how one object, any object, in a massive amount can become more than we would aspire it to be alone. I thought PVC pipping would be a great example of this, not to mention easy because they fit together, but the outcome was something I was not focusing on, and what I mean by that is that I did not have a particular idea of what I wanted viewers to think. I knew I wanted to build tower like structures, that was it. I liked the idea of the panic that someone might see when they looked at it, I was in now way telling the viewer that is what they must see. I have more expectation out of people that to think they are dumb enough to be swayed by only one point of view, I believe it is natural to come up with many different ideas to what something could be. Call it ingenuity.

On to the piece itself. I could spend forever talking about what I was trying to get at, but I don't think it even matter. You will see what you want to see, hopefully however you will come up with more than one conclusion.










No comments:

Post a Comment