Wednesday, February 3, 2010

"Dot Dot Done- No not really"-Critques


Dead tired now, but must get this done. With the dot dot dot critiques I chose Liz Evans. I mostly chose this one because I liked its simple clean design, one that focused more on the dots than the texture. Its texture takes advantage of the closure concept the dots are representing. It is simple, in a good way, the texture of the dots doesn't compete with the newspaper yet makes the statement of the dots being the important feature of the piece. I believe however to improve this piece, of centering the formation of the dots and the texture that goes with it can add more drama, to a piece that, although I do not, others might find boring.Mine was critiqued by Liz Evans, and her high points in this piece was the placement of the dots. I liked the placement as well and believe that is what gave this piece the meaning of proximity, strangely enough I cannot remember exactly which concept it is. An improvement she mentioned was making the dots more circular which I do agree with, but when I look at it now the rough edges of it goes well with the rough edges of the texture.


No comments:

Post a Comment