Thursday, February 18, 2010

"Blank Impressions"- Mark Making Critiques

So another day of mark making comes to a close, I swear this is all just like design one all over again except its more dramatic and drawn out until our dying breath is one of animosity towards these marks we make. Well anyway enough prose and on with the show.The first one here ladies and gents, is one I did with a tooth brush. It was the first one picked, and was considered the best, which is absoulutely hilarious because it was one that was done without restrictions on it. As a matter of fact I snuck this one in while I guess I was supposed to be doing some over done idea that suggested to us. I like it well enough. The comments made on it was "I like that there are some conflicting elements in this piece, such as the gentleness of the curves against the harshness of the splatters and the curves verses the straight parts that litter the page"In this piece I was inspired by one that Theresa did. The more dramatic the creases are the more the ink sits into it, and I like this look. In the comments "I also like that some lines follow the folds. I especially like the fact that those lines fade out and don't follow the folds all the way from one edge to the other." One Critique is that they "didn't like that the whole 'bottom' is basically blocked out, but it does work fro the piece..."

The final one picked which was my first one I used a straw to get the branch like attachment to the blobs. It is my favorite, as In i find it aesthetically pleasing, and was fun to do. I also like how because we had to have negative space in it, it works with the overwhelming sensation of the branches. In the comments the it was stated that "I like that it is contained in the corner because it seems like it would be overwhelming if it covered more of the page."

No comments:

Post a Comment